Often, homeowners postpone cleaning their drains, as the build-up may not always be easily visible. However, we at Abco Plumbing Solutions have seen how blocked drains Sydney drains can result in various adverse effects. Here we look at what they are.
Harmful Effects Of Blocked Drains St George
Blocked drains have a wide range of negative outcomes, including the following:
- Slow Water Movement– If you have observed the water in your sink draining at a snail’s pace, an obstruction in the drain line may be to blame for this annoyance. Even if the waste didn’t completely obstruct the passage, it may have produced a smaller obstruction. There’s a good chance you won’t have to spend much money on getting it cleared if you catch the problem early.
- Foul Smell– rains that have been clogged for an extended period of time begin to decay, releasing an offensive odour as a result. The fragrance might permeate the entire house, making it impossible to live there. As a result, residents may experience dizziness, nausea, and headaches.
- Leaky Pipes- When a pipe is clogged, the water flowing toward the blockage has to find a way to leak out of the system. Pipes can rupture under high water pressure, allowing water to spill into the subfloor of your kitchen or bathroom. A burst pipe is harmful because it can cause flooding in your house or garden, which can destroy plants.
- Foundation Damage – You can avoid damage to the house’s foundation can if you clear blocked drains Kirrawee as soon as possible. If there is a clog in the drain, water will not be able to flow. There is a risk that water will seep through the bricks and into the foundation of the house. Severe damage and costly repairs are possible if this continues for a lengthy period.
- Larger Number of Mosquitoes- Blocked drains are ideal breeding grounds for mosquitoes because they contain damp waste, which is ideal for mosquitoes. Mosquitoes, which carry diseases including malaria, yellow fever, dengue, and more can be found all through the house. In addition, the entire neighbourhood is at risk if they begin to spread.
- Waterborne Disease Spread– A long-term build-up of water on the surface can lead to a variety of water-borne illnesses such as fecal waste contamination, agrochemicals, and more. Viruses, protozoa, and bacteria, which are commonly found in clogged drains, are responsible for the majority of infections.
Snails may transmit schistosomiasis, while houseflies can transmit cholera and typhoid. As a side note, if the water can’t get past the obstacle, it tends to flow backwards. Backflow germs and microbes can induce airborne allergies, making the dwelling uninhabitable.
In addition to all these things, drain blockages can also damage your home’s aesthetics. The best way to avoid these problems is to keep your drains clear of blockages. At Abco Plumbing Solutions, we handle all types of small and big plumbing issues and can help clear your Blocked Drains St George effectively. For more information, please call us at 1300 621 866 or write via this Online Form and we will respond soon.